In honor of Mother's Day this Sunday, I really wanted to put into words some things I have experienced in my first 9 months of being a mom!
1. I would become even more scheduled and dependent upon a routine than ever before! ... if you know me, you know I thrive on a good schedule! But with Jett around, I am even more on a routine than before.. (not so sure if this is a good or bad thing!!!)
2. I would feel rested even with less sleep. Even in the beginning when Jett was waking every 2 hours in the night - I still found a way to be pretty functional most of the time. Maybe it was because I expected to be a zombie - that I was actually REALLY pleasantly surprised at how rested I would feel. (also shout out to baby Jett for just being a good sleeper in general!)
3. I would cherish the simple things like a smile or giggle, and treat it like it was the MOST AMAZING THING IN THE WORLD!
4. I would appreciate my body for the miraculous things it can do - AND be more forgiving of its flaws - as it pales in comparison to the gift I was given in this sweet little boy!
5. Appreciate my mom SO MUCH MORE. Love you mom!
6. That I would literally have 15 million photos and videos on my phone that are way too precious to ever delete.
7. That I would ever have so much drive to chase my own dreams. I want Jett to grow up knowing he can do WHATEVER he wants to do- that he is capable of anything. I hope to be a living example of that.
8. Okay this one is so obvious and what all moms say, but its SO TRUE: that i would love something so much that I can't even put into words the amount of love I have for that little boy! Seeing his joy and excitement day in and day out inspires me each and every time I see his face.
Happy Mother's Day Mama's!!!!!